Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKevin
Visitor

Please test v2.9 b 1523

You can PM serial numbers for any box that you'd like to get this build so that you can regression test your channels before we roll this build out to all our customers.

Let us know ASAP if there are problems.

Thanks,

Kevin
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
evilmax17
Visitor

Re: Please test v2.9 b 1523

Found a small bug/discrepancy with the way illegal characters are displayed.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch Whiskey Media channel
2. Select Giant Bomb
3. Scroll through content list until you find video "Zeit² Launch Trailer"

On the current public build, it simply won't display the ² character at all, so the title of the video displays as "Zeit Launch Trailer".

On 2.9 b 1523, the ² displays as garbage.
My Roku Channels:
Viddler - viddler.com
Tested Fan - tested.com | Jamie & Adam
This is my next - theverge.com
1080p Showcase - RIP
Whiskey Media - RIP
======================
http://www.binarymoustache.com
0 Kudos
judcoScott
Visitor

Anything tasty in the ECP for us AV control systems guys ?
Scott Curry, CTO
Judco Electronics
www.judcoelectronics.com
www.rokucrestronmodule.com
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

"judcoScott" wrote:
Anything tasty in the ECP for us AV control systems guys ?

Hopefully they reveal what the touch commands do
0 Kudos
deltafactory
Channel Surfer

I was poking around with ECP commands using 1509 and noticed an XML error in the output. Notice the extra > in the line:

<root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0" xmlns:ms="urn:microsoft-com:wmc-1-0"> >

I know very little about the protocol and have only just started poking around since my unit is 3 days old, so I apologize if I'm pointing out something that isn't actually an error.

The output was the result of a direct HTTP GET of port 8060, not standard use I'm sure. I thought you should know if it hasn't yet been addressed in 1523. Are there change logs I could reference to determine this in the future?
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

"deltafactory" wrote:
I was poking around with ECP commands using 1509 and noticed an XML error in the output. Notice the extra > in the line:

<root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0" xmlns:ms="urn:microsoft-com:wmc-1-0"> >

I know very little about the protocol and have only just started poking around since my unit is 3 days old, so I apologize if I'm pointing out something that isn't actually an error.

The output was the result of a direct HTTP GET of port 8060, not standard use I'm sure. I thought you should know if it hasn't yet been addressed in 1523. Are there change logs I could reference to determine this in the future?

That XML is related to the SSDP discovery, if you didn't know
0 Kudos
deltafactory
Channel Surfer

I knew what it is/does, but not enough to know if there was a reason for it to be what looks like invalid XML.

I just upgraded to 1523 which must have been pushed in the past couple days. The > is still there, so if it's an error it hasn't been fixed.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"deltafactory" wrote:
I knew what it is/does, but not enough to know if there was a reason for it to be what looks like invalid XML.

I just upgraded to 1523 which must have been pushed in the past couple days. The > is still there, so if it's an error it hasn't been fixed.

Technically, it is a bug, and has actually been reported previously, but hasn't been fixed yet.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

It is fixed in an upcoming release.

--Kevin
0 Kudos