Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integrating with brightcove

I was recently hired to develop a Roku channel. My client has an existing private channel that is already integrated with Brightcove and displays all of their categories and content.

Is there a way to download/extract the source code from an existing private channel?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: integrating with brightcove

Why not ask them for the source? If ROKU opened the source to private/public channels directly, then that could open up security risks for paid content. Like, why can't I simply replace the show names and graphics and use Netflix's entire program if I want to? It also sounds like you should give them a discount if you're simply taking what's already been done and changing a few lines to suit your new purpose.
0 Kudos

I'm not trying to find the source code for other users' channels, but it would be nice if I could download the source package for an existing private channel on my own account. My client doesn't know how the channel was created.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"stevesunderland" wrote:
I'm not trying to find the source code for other users' channels, but it would be nice if I could download the source package for an existing private channel on my own account. My client doesn't know how the channel was created.

All channel packages are signed and encrypted before publishing, so it's unlikely, even if you could get a copy of the package, that you'd be able to do anything with it.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos

In that case, does anyone have any examples of integrating brightcove with a roku channel? any sample code would be great, or any information that would be required.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

Steve,

email me, I may be able to help 🙂 pellis@roku.com
0 Kudos