Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brilesmedia
Level 7

ListItemHighlightHD request

I have checked the forum to see if i could answer my question..I couldnt find an answer..I am trying to figure out what size i need to make my artwork for the ListItemHighlightHD. This is when the user scrolls on my grid..I uploaded a graphic and it will not show up..I dont know if i have the right setting for the psd file..Any suggestions..Thanks abunch..

Jimmy
0 Kudos
4 Replies
dcrandall
Level 7

Re: ListItemHighlightHD request

a) If you're using the brightscript plugin, sometimes it fails to include the new image in the package. Double-check the .zip file to make sure it's actually there.

b) I vaguely remember having some issue with list item highlights. I think this one worked though. You're using a list screen? I know I got something working with rolistscreen.

EDIT: For assets, I blatantly started with this here:

https://github.com/plexinc/roku-client-public

Not that I suggest copying them outright or anything like that, but sometimes 'what works' is a good starting point.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"brilesmedia" wrote:
This is when the user scrolls on my grid.

ListItemHighlightHD/ListItemHighlightSD is the focus bar for roListScreen. If you're trying to change the focus ring on a roGridScreen, use GridScreenFocusBorderHD/GridScreenFocusBorderSD. The size you need to make the focus ring will depend on which grid style you're using.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Level 8

"brilesmedia" wrote:
I am trying to figure out what size i need to make my artwork for the ListItemHighlightHD. This is when the user scrolls on my grid..I uploaded a graphic and it will not show up..

Where is the graphic? Is it remote URL or locally in the bundle? Recently (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=74260&p=457376#p457373) we discussed a bug where attribute-image was not showing up when the URL points to remote server.
0 Kudos
lumpenprole
Level 7

"RokuChris" wrote:
"brilesmedia" wrote:
This is when the user scrolls on my grid.

ListItemHighlightHD/ListItemHighlightSD is the focus bar for roListScreen. If you're trying to change the focus ring on a roGridScreen, use GridScreenFocusBorderHD/GridScreenFocusBorderSD. The size you need to make the focus ring will depend on which grid style you're using.

So, this means you can't change the focus ring on a poster screen, right?
0 Kudos