Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brilesmedia
Visitor

ListItemHighlightHD request

I have checked the forum to see if i could answer my question..I couldnt find an answer..I am trying to figure out what size i need to make my artwork for the ListItemHighlightHD. This is when the user scrolls on my grid..I uploaded a graphic and it will not show up..I dont know if i have the right setting for the psd file..Any suggestions..Thanks abunch..

Jimmy
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
dcrandall
Visitor

Re: ListItemHighlightHD request

a) If you're using the brightscript plugin, sometimes it fails to include the new image in the package. Double-check the .zip file to make sure it's actually there.

b) I vaguely remember having some issue with list item highlights. I think this one worked though. You're using a list screen? I know I got something working with rolistscreen.

EDIT: For assets, I blatantly started with this here:

https://github.com/plexinc/roku-client-public

Not that I suggest copying them outright or anything like that, but sometimes 'what works' is a good starting point.
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"brilesmedia" wrote:
This is when the user scrolls on my grid.

ListItemHighlightHD/ListItemHighlightSD is the focus bar for roListScreen. If you're trying to change the focus ring on a roGridScreen, use GridScreenFocusBorderHD/GridScreenFocusBorderSD. The size you need to make the focus ring will depend on which grid style you're using.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"brilesmedia" wrote:
I am trying to figure out what size i need to make my artwork for the ListItemHighlightHD. This is when the user scrolls on my grid..I uploaded a graphic and it will not show up..

Where is the graphic? Is it remote URL or locally in the bundle? Recently (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=74260&p=457376#p457373) we discussed a bug where attribute-image was not showing up when the URL points to remote server.
0 Kudos
lumpenprole
Channel Surfer

"RokuChris" wrote:
"brilesmedia" wrote:
This is when the user scrolls on my grid.

ListItemHighlightHD/ListItemHighlightSD is the focus bar for roListScreen. If you're trying to change the focus ring on a roGridScreen, use GridScreenFocusBorderHD/GridScreenFocusBorderSD. The size you need to make the focus ring will depend on which grid style you're using.

So, this means you can't change the focus ring on a poster screen, right?
0 Kudos