Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajaypaudel
Visitor

Issue in Roku 4 ultra

Hello everyone,

We have developed a new tv app and when we install it on roku 4 ultra  channel come on small screen not in full screen and the screen is a blank Colour purple with no vision. We only hear voices on the channel but when we test on roku 3 it's on full screen  and video also playing perfectly  since we don't have roku 4 ultra to test on that box also so can you guys explain what is the reason behind this issue?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
subash
Visitor

Re: Issue in Roku 4 ultra

same issues I have also encountered with Roku? anybody here for help. Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

There's no such thing as "Roku 4 ultra". What's the actual model number? A purple screen often indicates some kind of copy protection (HDCP) problem or other HDMI connection issue.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"renojim" wrote:
There's no such thing as "Roku 4 ultra".  What's the actual model number? 

Actually, the 4640 is called Roku Ultra according to violetbug (got one). The only surprising thing is that there isn't a completely different box, that's also called Roku Ultra.
Agree about the HDCP issue.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

To correct HDCP issues like this, unplug the HDMI cord from the TV and plug it back in.  If that doesn't resolve, pull the power cord from the roku4 and plug it back in.  If you are watching 4K source, make sure you are plugging the hdmi cord into the correct HDMI port on the TV (requires HDCP 2.2).
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

"squirreltown" wrote:
"renojim" wrote:
There's no such thing as "Roku 4 ultra".  What's the actual model number? 

Actually, the 4640 is called Roku Ultra according to violetbug (got one). The only surprising thing is that there isn't a completely different box, that's also called Roku Ultra.
Agree about the HDCP issue.

OP was saying Roku 4 Ultra, not Roku Ultra. The 4640 is a Roku Ultra, as you said, but not a Roku 4 Ultra (which doesn’t exist), which is what Jim was saying. And, since the 4640 was replaced by the 4660, also called Ultra, the model number would be helpful from OP.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"squirreltown" wrote:
Ok, thanks. Like I said, naming is not Roku's strong suit. 
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos