Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grantmx
Visitor

Insufficent Storage Error

I'm developing my first channel on Roku 2 (already did some on Roku 1) and I keep getting an "Insufficient Storage" error. I have no other channels, I even did a hard Factory Reset, but I still get this error.

I read in an earlier post that it could be due to a bug trigger in the latest firmware release, but I'm using the sdk examples directly out the box and still getting the error (the only thing I do is change the Manifest title). Does anyone know where and how this bug is triggered in the bs?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Insufficent Storage Error

Are you sure you're zipping properly? Do the zips from the examples in the SDK work without problem?

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
grantmx
Visitor

Thanks for the reply renojim - I hope so. Is there an optimal way to zip these channels? How do you suggest? Yes, they do work.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You just need to be sure that the manifest is present and at the root of the zip and that there's a source directory in the zip containing your source files. I've always used a command line version of PKzip, but whatever you're using make sure it preserves the directory structure and begin zipping from the directory containing the manifest.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
gonzotek
Visitor

"renojim" wrote:
You just need to be sure that the manifest is present and at the root of the zip and that there's a source directory in the zip containing your source files. I've always used a command line version of PKzip, but whatever you're using make sure it preserves the directory structure and begin zipping from the directory containing the manifest.

-JT
+1

Just as an additional data point I can confirm that the default zip settings for 7zip work fine. It does have some advanced settings that could make the produced zip file incompatible with Roku.
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
0 Kudos
grantmx
Visitor

Thanks guys! It may have been how it was being compressed that made the difference (using 7zip) and I'm verifying that the Manifest is in the root (D'oh!) 😉 .

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

I am getting the same Insufficent Storage Error after trying on my new Roku 2 XS 4 days old. I used winrar 3.90 to zip and set to zip and used all defaults. I do have the Manifest at root and a /source directory. I took Videoplayer example and made a copy and made the private channel. I published it and can see it in the Channel Store and can select the Channel and when I select go to Channel I get the Insufficent Storage Error. Help, as I see no answers except the way it is zipped.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

I figured it out in debug mode. It was the /source issue. I zipped the folder name with all content in the subdirectories. I went into the folder name for my project and then selected all and zipped them up. Examples work like videoplayer on my XS and I see no option in the channel to remove channel. Only way is to delete channel on the sample code for v2.9
0 Kudos