Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roberts
Visitor

Hulu+ - How they do that

After exploring Roku apps I noticed that Hulu+ isn't using neither default components nor roImageCanvas. It seems that they are using highly modified standard components. Is it possible for regular developer to prepare such a custom components by extending standard ones or do I need to make them using roImageCanvas?

Does anyone know how long that it took Hulu to develop the application and what resources where used?

I'm supposed to develop big application and don't know if I should stick with default components, roImageCanvas or roScreen (v3.0). Client wants the application to look like on other boxes but I'm not sure if it worth the effort.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu+ - How they do that

You'll need to use either the roImageCanvas or the new roScreen. For performance reasons, I'd recommend the latter.

If you require custom components, you may want to contact Roku directly via partners@roku.com.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos