Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlm3
Visitor

How to put Youtube videos?

Hello, I've been able to use videos uploaded to my personal website AND IT WORKED! but how can I use YouTube videos on my roku channnel? Also how do I use live Youtube videos as well?
For Example I want to use this video URL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0DPdy98e4c how could I do that in my Roku Channel?

Here is some of my code WHICH HAS WORKED for mp4 videos uploaded to my personal website.

<item sdImg="I put my image sd url here -- no problem" hdImg="I put my hd mage url here -- no problem">
    <title>My Title </title>
            <contentId>10001</contentId>
            <contentType>Talk</contentType>
            <contentQuality>HD</contentQuality>
            <streamFormat> have tried "mp4" "hls" "mkv" "ism" etc...</streamFormat>
            <media>
                    <streamQuality>HD</streamQuality>
                    <streamBitrate>1500</streamBitrate>
                    <streamUrl> tried to use a youtube url here and video doesnt play once app is developed</streamUrl>
            </media>
            <synopsis>Some random synopsis to put here</synopsis>
            <genres>Technology</genres>
            <runtime>10</runtime>
    </item>
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: How to put Youtube videos?

There is a youtube app you can load onto your Roku.  I believe other than that, Youtube's policies do not allow you to serve youtube video via a Roku channel and Youtube has technology in place to prevent you from doing it.  Although I may be mistaken about this, maybe someone else can confirm or deny.
aspiring
0 Kudos