Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

For better understanding with the major, minor, and build versions in Updating an existing channel

In this Documentation Wrote For Channel Updation
Be sure to increment the channel’s major, minor, and build versions in the manifest as well as the Channel Version on this page for each new package submitted.
I updated my first channel version 1.1 in channel store and major, minor, and build versions are 1,0,0002 in the manifest file. Now I Update the new channel version to 1.2 in the channel store. and I not change the major, minor, and build versions in the manifest file. But, when I update the package I'm not getting any manifest related error from Roku Side. It will be an effect on the future?. I do not understand clearly. what is the role of these three fields? Previously, I packaged my application using dev id(EX: 123). Now, I packaged my application using the same dev id But It gives an error like a Developer id of the submitted package does not match developer id of the previously submitted package. [Cert Requirements: 4.1]. using these errors. Is there any relations with the major, minor, and build versions. I sent mail in partner success in 3 days ago. But Still, I not found any response from them. So, I putted 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
necrotek
Roku Guru

Re: For better understanding with the major, minor, and build versions in Updating an existing chann

The two version numbers do not have any direct correlation on their own.  It would probably be best practice to change them to be the same  for easier determination of what version you are using. The number changed on the developer portal is the one that will be displayed in the Roku channel store.  

0 Kudos