Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Facing issue with the Packaging Roku Channels

For Packaging a Roku Channels I refer to this Documentation. I did a while ago I packaged one application and Put in Channel store with Assume Dev ID: 123 and password: XYZ. Now, Today I tried to next version upload with the same application like the below image. Here, I put the same id and password 

New Package Save.PNG

Here, I tried with the same dev id and password create a package file But It displays an error like below.

Application packaging Error.PNG

I don't know why I facing this error. I think using the same dev id and password we not able to create another package file.

Roku told me if you upload any new version with the same application. please kept dev id and password with you. which is used with the first version created. I have an old dev id and password with I upload previous package files in the channel store. and I check with the Application packager. But here, It's Display a Different dev Id like below image.

Application packager.PNG

And Using the new dev id and password. if I will upload a new application. I am 100% sure. It will give the error like Developer id of the submitted package does not match developer id of the previously submitted package. [Cert Requirements: 4.1] and It will block my old channel also. Does anyone know what should I do For the packaging my new version using with my old dev id and password?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
necrotek
Roku Guru

Re: Facing issue with the Packaging Roku Channels

Are you using the same roku developer account on the Roku device that the original package was created? Also try leaving the "ID" field blank on the eclipse packager.

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

I follow up on these questions. Here @renojim said 

" I think that happens when you package with a device that has been rekeyed to a different developer ID/password.  You need to rekey your device using an old package and the appropriate password.  If you didn't save an old package you can always download it from the developer portal.  If you didn't save the password you used previously then I think it's a lost cause.  You'll have to contact partnersuccess@roku.com and ask for help. "

Using this answer, I took my old Dev Id. and using this dev id, I packaged my new version. and I upload a new package in the channel store. But Still, it's given an error in Static Analysis like Developer id of the submitted package does not match developer id of the previously submitted package. [Cert Requirements: 4.1]. I don't know why I getting this error. I sent Mail to RokuPartnersuccess in 3 days ago. But, still, I not found any response from them.

0 Kudos
necrotek
Roku Guru

It sounds like you are trying to replace a Direct publisher channel with an SDK channel. This may be a different issue that will require contacting Roku.  The reason to package with the same devid and key are to retain settings saved to registry (if you are using the registry.) If you don't care about registry setting you can contact Roku to tell them to publish anyway. 

otherwise, have you re-keyed your roku with the previously submitted package and you saved key from publishing that package.  On the developer web interface go to utilities upload you old package and key that you know was used to package that package on a Roku device that is using the roku account that is associated with the dev account that the channel is to be published on( if you are using a different account it will not work, different dev id) 

0 Kudos