Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
necrotek
Roku Guru

Falling Blocks Game

Greetings,

I have been working on a falling blocks game (a tetris clone) for the Roku. I am curious what interest there is for this type of game. I plan to release this in a package with some other block games that I have been working on.

If you are interested in testing this game let me know and I will send you the private code for the channel.

If you would like to see more games on Roku, leave a comment.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: Falling Blocks Game

I wrote a Tetris game for Roku a few months ago, but I abandoned the idea after learning that The Tetris Company is aggressively pursuing action against clones. That's why you don't see many Tetris type games on the iPhone. You may want to look into this before investing too much more effort.

--Mark
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

Re: Falling Blocks Game

It's important to note that it's really less to do with whether your game really IS infringing, and more to do with whether it's tangentially related enough that a suit won't be immediately dismissed. The legal fees required to defend yourself are the real threat.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos