Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeMz
Reel Rookie

I have been blocked to access to development mode in my roku, how fix it?

Greetings, my problem is that I installed a private application through development mode, when factory reset and re-enter that mode when restarting it is again unable to enter, I would like to know how to remove the roku lock to enter mode developer o how can I fix that problem, I want have access again to that mode. Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
TwitchBronBron
Streaming Star

Re: I have been blocked to access to development mode in my roku, how fix it?

To enable developer mode, follow this guide:

https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/developer-program/getting-started/developer-setup.md#step-1-se...

In summary: Press the following sequence of buttons on your remote:

Home Home Home Up Up Right left Right Left Right

0 Kudos
JoeMz
Reel Rookie

Hi, thaks, That secuence doesn't work anymore in my devise, I just followed the instruccions and secuence that you give me but I haven't have succeed... Is there possible to fix it in my roku?? Thanks again

0 Kudos
TwitchBronBron
Streaming Star

I'm not sure what else to suggest. That sequence has been around for years, and should work on every single roku device. They definitely haven't removed or changed it. I've never seen it not work. Make sure you're at the home screen, and make sure you're hitting the buttons fast enough. If you go too slow, then it won't work. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@JoeMz, sorry, you've been blacklisted.  The app you tried to sideload most likely violated Roku's TOS.  I know of no way to remote the lock.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/Dev-mode-is-not-working/m-p/508239/highlight/tr...

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/Developers-mode/m-p/541614/highlight/true#M4497...

There have been posts about this before. See above.

Might as well collect these URLs to display here to make this easier for people to digest.

Open the link in the first URL and make sure you understand completely the risk associated with this behavior. You were warned. You must accept the risk.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.