Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n1c2m3
Reel Rookie

Game Development on Roku TV

Hi,
We have developed some games for Fire TV. I was exploring the Roku TV platform. 

1) Does it make sense for us to develop games for Roku. (Monetary wise)?

2) How difficult is it to get downloads?

3) Are there any AD platforms? 

Regards,

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Game Development on Roku TV

1) depends. How are you doing on FTV? maybe point to some games to get idea if easy to port 

2) easy, just like with other STB boxes, since not crowded with good games

3) video ads are well developed but you will have to bring own "ad demand" (have account with ad server) 

n1c2m3
Reel Rookie

Re: Game Development on Roku TV

Thanks for the reply. Replied to the points.

1) depends. How are you doing on FTV? maybe point to some games to get idea if easy to port 

We have games done in Unity in Fire tv. But i am planning to take the fairly easy ones since Unity games wont work on Roku? Am I right in saying that unity wont work on roku?

2) easy, just like with other STB boxes, since not crowded with good games
Nice to hear that.

3) video ads are well developed but you will have to bring own "ad demand" (have account with ad server)
Oops. This will be tough.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.