Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clbits
Visitor

Eclipse Plugin Source

Is the source code for the eclipse plugin available anywhere?
I'd like to check it out and take a stab at converting it to an Intellij IDEA Plugin.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
malloys
Visitor

Re: Eclipse Plugin Source

The source for the plugin is not currently available.
Even if it was, the eclipse plugin is built on top of the 3rd-party DLTK plugin(s) and the eclipse plugin framework, which makes the vast majority of the current plugin code irrelevent in the intellij plugin framework - the only notable exceptions would be the core syntax portion of the parser (which is less than 1/2 of the overall parsing process) and the SSDP-based discovery code (which is just a convenience for the console and the deployment wizard).

Cheers
0 Kudos
matth
Visitor

There does exist a Brightscript Sublime Text 2 and Textmate plugin for syntax coloring on github which might help you get started.

https://github.com/cmink/BrightScript.tmbundle

It's not the full meal deal, but it's possibly a start to work from.

Matt
0 Kudos
Arthy74
Visitor

Any news about an IntelliJ plugin ?

I have done my time with Eclipse, IntelliJ is much better to me.
0 Kudos
softworkz
Visitor

I had been wondering about that same question just yesterday.

First I had quite a few questions about the plugin. From reading previous forum threads I got the impression that it can be difficult to get support for the eclipse plugin.
Thus, I decided to have a look at the plugin internals myself.
Not only did this answer those questions I had, I was even able to identify two bugs in the code within a very short time.

So, I'm asking just like the others: Couldn't you put the code on GitHub?

You got nothing to loose but a lot to win by doing so...
0 Kudos