Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
germix
Visitor

Customization Question

Hi guys!

First of all, I want to introduce me... My name is German and I'm from Spain. I'm sorry for my english...

I've been looking for all the documentation, and I have not found the answer, so I wonder if anyone here can help me.

Is there any way to customize the following elements?

1 - Button Background Color (all Screens)
2 - Button Background Highlight Color (all Screens)
3 - Keyboard Button Background Color (roKeyboardScreen, roSearchScreen)
4 - Keyboard Button Highlight Color (roKeyboardScreen, roSearchScreen)
5 - Keyboard Text Button Color (roKeyboardScreen, roSearchScreen)
6 - Keyboard Text Highlight Color (roKeyboardScreen, roSearchScreen)

I have more questions, but I want to search them before.

Thank you in advance,

Germán
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
germix
Visitor

Re: Customization Question

I guess these things come with the following documentation...

Another customization questions...

- Is it possible to use a movie poster placeholder?
- Is it possible to draw images on roListScreen? (Amazon Main Menu Style)
- Is it possible to format text inside roParagraphScreen or another screen? (except roScreen, roTextScreen)

Thank you in advance,

Germán
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

You can set a placeholder image, sure.
As to the other questions, I dunno. There isn't a real 'need' to format text IMO - I mean on a gridscreen your description just shows up in the description box, the limited space available for most of the text features of Roku makes it rather pointless to concern yourself with different justification, tab spacing, or formatting. Having text in bold/italics/different font sizing on a word by word or individual letter basis would be most confusing to anyone trying to read it anyway.
0 Kudos
germix
Visitor

How can I use a placeholder poster image? I don't see nothing in documentation :S

I need text format to show a pre-purchase confirmation (and coupon redeem) confirmation popup or screen. I want to set a largest font size and center the price text, for example.

Thank you!
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Download a single image and set all the content to that same thumbnail image. Then you can update the images with the real ones at your leisure.
0 Kudos
germix
Visitor

I had not thought of that way. I try it. Thank you 😉
0 Kudos