Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwilliams
Visitor

Creating Timeout Messages

I am new to the development game and I am creating a Roku Channel for our church but I am trying to figure out what code I should created in the roOneLineDialog component so that when the live stream is not active and a specified time interval is reached it will display a message letting the individual know we are currently not streaming.

According to Roku I can make sure a message appear programmatically after the live stream times out after a specified interval but I do know how and can't find any example.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ccvid
Visitor

Re: Creating Timeout Messages

Did you every figure out how to do this? I'd like to do this too. After a user tries to access our live stream when we're not streaming live, and the channel attempts to load the stream but then returns to the play option, I would like a message to pop us that says "You can tune in for the live broadcast on Sunday mornings at 10AM CST".

Thanks!
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Creating Timeout Messages

Basically, what you need to do is just react to the isRequestFailed() event, return a value indicating failure from your video playback function, and if you see that value in the calling function, then display a dialog box to the effect of "sorry, live stream is not available at this moment".

- Joel
0 Kudos