Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrouse
Visitor

GetUserData() always returns invalid

Hey guys,

I'm trying to grab some user information for an in-app signup screen and I'm trying to take advantage of the store.GetUserData/store.GetPartialUserData calls.

The call works fine, and the 'share' dialog pops up, but I can't get any of the information. First, the share button itself can only be selected using the * button on the remote and not with the ok button. Second, even when the share button is selected using the remote * button none of the information is returned (I always get an invalid response).

In case it matters I'm currently developing on a Roku2 XS.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: GetUserData() always returns invalid

Did you set a message port on the roChannelStore component? Even the synchronous calls require it, otherwise you won't get data back.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
bbrouse
Visitor

Re: GetUserData() always returns invalid

That was the problem. Thanks for the help, that's a good thing to know for the future.
0 Kudos