Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coslandHTV
Reel Rookie

Channel Behavior Analysis timing out with no log

Yesterday we ran Channel Behavior Analysis on our latest Roku build, and it immediately failed all of its checks, timing out when launching the channel, without creating a log.  We also tested Channel Behavior Analysis using a build that passed with no issues last week -- this week it also fails immediately, timing out with no log.  These checks also fail when using Roku debugging tools locally.  One of our engineers identified a bug in the Roku store automation script.  I have filed a ticket with Roku -- so far we've only gotten an automated response.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

6 REPLIES 6
WhizTom
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Behavior Analysis timing out with no log

We're having same issue.

coslandHTV
Reel Rookie

OP here.  Eventually, our channel behavior analysis just passed when we re-ran it -- we didn't change anything, just re-ran.  It seems like this happens when the https://developer.roku.com/ website is experiencing high traffic.

WhizTom
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the update.

I have 20 apps to upload and so far have gotten ten through by running over and over and over.

Here's the response from Roku support:

The workaround at this time is to keep refreshing the page and re-running Channel Behavior Analysis until it provides results.
We will update this thread a soon as we have a permanent fix deployed.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

I always run it once, wait 15 seconds, run it again, and it comes back with the results the 2nd time.

WhizTom
Reel Rookie

Now I'm getting this every time

Screenshot 2023-01-30 172749.jpg

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

I guess it's a server error then.  My last submission was 3 weeks ago and it went fine, so I can't speak for anything more recent.  I can bet how frustrating it is.

0 Kudos