Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akw13
Channel Surfer

Channel Not Updating with Bug Fix after Submission

Jump to solution

I've been trying to update my company's channel since Tuesday to fix a bad bug. I upload my package, and hit 'Submit for publishing' and it submits. Then no one in my company gets the update. When I do a static analysis, it appears it's still stuck on an old package even though i've uploaded a new package (I've fixed warnings and they're still appearing in the static analysis package).

Our channel is a private channel that has been up since 2013 and we've never had this problem before.. Any thoughts or ideas? I went through each section (Properties / Channel Store Information / Etc) and hit save and then tried to upload and publish and my changes have still not taken effect on the channel and it has not updated. I did notice that the purple checkmark that used to be next to Package Upload is not showing up, but this is happening on my other channels and they're updating just fine. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
akw13
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel Not Updating with Bug Fix after Submission

Jump to solution

I heard back from Roku Partner Success and was able to get the Channel in question published with their help! We selected the minimum Firmware as 9.4.0 and uploaded our package and published and have confirmed our customers are now getting the update. 

I hope this works for you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
klam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Is there anything new on this matter? I'm facing a similar problem..

0 Kudos
akw13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As of right now, no there has been no update on this. I emailed Roku Partner Success on Friday and am still waiting on a reply. 

Some of our channels are able to be updated just fine. It just seems to be a problem with a few at this time, though I am unsure of why certain ones are unaffected. 

0 Kudos
klam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We are on the same situation EXACTLY. If you have more information, please remember to post it here. Thank you

0 Kudos
akw13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I heard back from Roku Partner Success and was able to get the Channel in question published with their help! We selected the minimum Firmware as 9.4.0 and uploaded our package and published and have confirmed our customers are now getting the update. 

I hope this works for you!

0 Kudos
klam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We were also told that the last versions of our channels were published at Min FW v9.0 b2, and that we should upload our channel packages again specifying Min FW v9.0 b2. We did that and it worked on the spot. Problem solved for us too.

0 Kudos
RehDogg
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The same can’t be said about my channel that’s  direct publishing it’s still not updating. It’s been over a month and they have no answer for me other than there’s a bug, no timeline or anything horrible.

0 Kudos