Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
360tv
Streaming Star

CRAZY roVideoplayer issue

What, in the world would cause my code to crash my Roku box and reboot... THEN after it reboots to the main menu, I hear audio from a video that orVideoPlayer is running underneath. And not a video from my app, but a random HULU video... OUTSIDE the hulu app on the main menu!

So, I go into my app, and run the roVideoplayer and where there should be &h00000000, is the video that started playing under the main menu. It's never the same video. And episode of "Archer" is playing now. Last time it was playing some Rob Schnider thing, don't know what it was. Before it was something else off of Hulu's "shows you watch" list. Again, this is happening outside the Hulu app without me ever starring it, on the main menu, after my code crashes and reboots the system.

If I go into Hulu, it tries to play a video, it shows a split second of what is playing in the background, and kicks back out, obviously cause the orVideoPlayer is busy.

The video it's playing stops after awhile, but it does not free up the video player. The system must be hard reset.

The function I'm trying to run is about 500 lines, and is a shortened version of the 800 lines that I had working perfectly last time I checked a few months ago. I'd rather not post the entire code for the public, but can send it to an engineer if I need to.

Banannas!

ok, scratch that. Plays a video in the background after I hard reset. No matter what I do. Currently I cannot use my Roku 3 to play ANY videos in ANY channel.

Did a system update,
Now on Firmware 7.0.9044
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CRAZY roVideoplayer issue

I feel your pain, but that just makes me laugh. What happens if you remove the Hulu channel? Maybe you'll get a new video for your listening pleasure. Smiley LOL

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
360tv
Streaming Star

It is funny. I sat there quite a while in total disbelief. I almost took a video and posted it cause I figured no one would believe me.

I managed to get regular functionality back and watched a few episodes of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" before I stopped it and went to sleep. Woke up and found that it had played the beginning of Escape from L.A., which is not on Hulu, so I don't know where it came from. I rebooted and it began to play the beginning of a movie called "CBGB". Also not on Hulu, so I have NO idea where it's coming from.

I think my Roku 3 is defective?
0 Kudos
360tv
Streaming Star

Ok, all the video content is coming from Netflix and plays for 3 minutes then stops.

Cause I knew their interface is all super fancy, I decided to start it up and see what happens. I found the video it got stuck playing immediatly RESUMES without going to the main Netflix home screen, and the videoplayer is unstuck. Then I can exit and play videos in other apps.
0 Kudos
360tv
Streaming Star

Just in case no one believed me;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geUG1vjlJS4
0 Kudos