Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Beta Scene Graph Components

"dacian_roman23" wrote:
Anyone else who had problems with the video player in 7.5 firmware ? When I try to play a video,  I can only hear the audio but  the screen is purple. 

Wrong place! Use the Centercode forum to discuss unreleased firmware, since under NDA.
0 Kudos

"EnTerr" wrote:
"dacian_roman23" wrote:
Anyone else who had problems with the video player in 7.5 firmware ? When I try to play a video,  I can only hear the audio but  the screen is purple. 

Wrong place! Use the Centercode forum to discuss unreleased firmware, since under NDA.

Yes, sorry for that.Tried to delete the post but there's no option. EnTerr, do you know what could be the problem posted on the previous page, with the itemContentChanged function that gets called 2 times for the same item ?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"dacian_roman23" wrote:
Yes, sorry for that.Tried to delete the post but there's no option.

You can delete posts, with the "minor clarification" that deletion is buggy - often it tells me i am not allowed to delete posts but with repeated attempts it eventually does do it. Go figure.

EnTerr, do you know what could be the problem posted on the previous page, with the itemContentChanged function that gets called 2 times for the same item ?

No, sorry - just by skimming at that i couldn't. Some ideas though:

• try using callback function with the optional roSgNodeEvent param - that param may give you insight what's going on

• if that does not help, try poking the Co's EV-angelists or confessional priests ('tis their job)

• if that does not help, let us know WTF 🙂 exactly is that "SimpleRowList example" (searching for "SimpleRowList" in TFM shows nothing; not your fault, it's the Co that can't get their examples in a row)
0 Kudos

"EnTerr" wrote:
"dacian_roman23" wrote:
Yes, sorry for that.Tried to delete the post but there's no option.

You can delete posts, with the "minor clarification" that deletion is buggy - often it tells me i am not allowed to delete posts but with repeated attempts it eventually does do it. Go figure.

EnTerr, do you know what could be the problem posted on the previous page, with the itemContentChanged function that gets called 2 times for the same item ?

No, sorry - just by skimming at that i couldn't. Some ideas though:

• try using callback function with the optional roSgNodeEvent param - that param may give you insight what's going on

• if that does not help, try poking the Co's EV-angelists or confessional priests ('tis their job)

• if that does not help, let us know WTF 🙂 exactly is that "SimpleRowList example" (searching for "SimpleRowList" in TFM shows nothing; not your fault, it's the Co that can't get their examples in a row)

Hi EnTerr, 
This is the example I was talking about. 
https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... leChannels - The SimpleRowList sample download 
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"dacian_roman23" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:

https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... leChannels - The SimpleRowList sample download 

Ah - apparently should have searched for "SimpleRowList.zip" and not just "SimpleRowList". Confounding search in Confluence.
Did you try the first 2 suggestions?
0 Kudos

"EnTerr" wrote:
"dacian_roman23" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:

Ah - apparently should have searched for "SimpleRowList.zip" and not just "SimpleRowList". Confounding search in Confluence.
Did you try the first 2 suggestions?

Not sure how to get the screen port in the SimpleRowListItem, and if I try to create a new message port, pass it to the observeField method and then wait for that port then the message is invalid. To whom should I write, can you please give me a name /user ? 
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"dacian_roman23" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:

Not sure how to get the screen port in the SimpleRowListItem, and if I try to create a new message port, pass it to the observeField method and then wait for that port then the message is invalid.

No, no port - use the "first form", just declare the (optional) parameter as shown and when your fn is called, there will be a roSGNodeEvent inside, whose content you can explore:
sub callback_function(message as Object)
end sub

To whom should I write, can you please give me a name /user ? 

RokuChrist, RokuTomC, RokuDanny, RokuLeoW AFAIK
0 Kudos

"EnTerr" wrote:
"dacian_roman23" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:

Not sure how to get the screen port in the SimpleRowListItem, and if I try to create a new message port, pass it to the observeField method and then wait for that port then the message is invalid.

No, no port - use the "first form", just declare the (optional) parameter as shown and when your fn is called, there will be a roSGNodeEvent inside, whose content you can explore:
sub callback_function(message as Object)
end sub

To whom should I write, can you please give me a name /user ? 

RokuChrist, RokuTomC, RokuDanny, RokuLeoW AFAIK

Ok. I'll see what I can do.Thanks EnTerr ! 
0 Kudos

function init()
m.sgConfig =getSGConfig()
m.top.observeField("itemContent", "itemContentChanged")
initFonts()
end function

function itemContentChanged(msg) 
m.itemData = m.top.itemContent.itemData
stop
end function 

If I declare the callback in this way and I add the optional parameter (msg)  then the itemContentChanged it's not triggered 😞
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"dacian_roman23" wrote:
If I declare the callback in this way and I add the optional parameter (msg)  then the itemContentChanged it's not triggered 😞

That is unlikely because i have used the optional param just fine. Try the syntax just like shown in the documentation ("sub" and "as object"), improvise later.
0 Kudos