Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

BIF file and update 1549 ?

A user posted this on my forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIF file problem - by kh99 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:03 am

I have many bif files I made for my videos and they've been working great until recently. I first noticed last night that most of them don't work now - the frame outlines come up but it says "frames unavailable use bar for search". It must be finding the .bif file because without one I see only the bar.

I have Roku software version 2.9 build 1545 and Chaneru beta 1.4b and server 1.4b. I don't know exactly when it started so I don't know if it was the Chaneru upgrade or the Roku upgrade.

ETA: I turned on trace, and it looks like the bif file is being sent OK.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did something change ?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: BIF file and update 1549 ?

I'm not aware of any changes in this area. If you have an example I could look at, I will.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
jtinney
Visitor

I'm also seeing this issue. I have a bif file that I'd be happy to share with you. I actually just made it (my first dive into BIF files). I used biftool and ffmpeg as indicated in the Encoding Guide. I'm using Roksbox and I see the frame outlines when I use Trick Play, but the message 'frames unavailable use bar for search' is displayed. The frame that I begin using Trick Play on is always displayed.

I've done BIF files with a frame for every second and every 10 seconds and the symptoms are the same for each.

I don't have any debugging information from my Roku as I've not yet enabled it for developing, etc.

Roku Info:
Software: version 2.9 - build 1529
Hardware version: model 2100x
Roksbox version 1.20.6 (for your reference)
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

The problem that I posted was mine. I wasn't associating the bif file type for my server.
But you might want to try loading the example bif from the 2.8 samples just to make sure it works.
There is also a bif tool for windows that you can download from http://www.burningbushsoft.com
0 Kudos
jtinney
Visitor

"greubel" wrote:
The problem that I posted was mine. I wasn't associating the bif file type for my server.
But you might want to try loading the example bif from the 2.8 samples just to make sure it works.
There is also a bif tool for windows that you can download from http://www.burningbushsoft.com

Thanks. I'll give the sample BIF a shot and see how it does!
0 Kudos
jtinney
Visitor

I tried the sample BIF file and it produced the same result. I'm going to follow up with the Roksbox developer and see where I can get.

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.
0 Kudos