Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cessilva
Channel Surfer

BIF FILES

Hi, i´m learning and i have some problems with bif file,I assign the url pkg:/images/unicorn.bif to SDBifUrl and HDBifUrl from content-metadata , but when i prove it , the images dont appear. It must to be on a server? o what is happening?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: BIF FILES

This Forum is for Roku device problems.

You are way off topic.

Try Stack Overflow or Reddit or a developers Forum.

You must supply more Information on what youre trying to do and why.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I had to look up what a BIF file was, thinking it might be an image or video file. Nope, it's simply an archive format, like ZIP or GZ. Apparently it's normally used to contain terrain descriptions for games.

What on earth are you trying to do with a Roku device with this sort of file? If you're trying to play something contained within a BIF file, that won't work. Roku devices cannot access archive files for any purpose. 

If you are attempting to use the file within an app/channel you are creating for Roku devices, you need to ask the question in the Developers area, not here in the users forum.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

This is from memory, but I'm pretty sure you can't package BIF files within the channel.  They have to be fetched from a URL.  I think SRT files are the same.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos