Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djy
Channel Surfer

streaming stick remote won't stop scrolling

i have a roku streaming stick where the remote won't stop scrolling. I have tried it on multiple TVs in multiple rooms. Nothing stops the scrolling.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: streaming stick remote won't stop scrolling

Hi @djy,

Thanks for your post. 

We also suggest you re-pair the remote with your Roku device. For more information about how to repair your remote, visit our Support page here: Troubleshooting your voice remote. Please make sure as well that the buttons on your Roku remote are not stuck.

If you are still having any issues with your Roku remote after following these steps, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further. To get this info, go to Settings>System>About

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@djy-

Have you tried restarting your Streaming Stick?

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if not there, under Settings > System

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
djy
Channel Surfer

I don't have enough control to select settings (or anything else) so I cannot repair. I also cannot look up the serial number under setting. It is not a voice remote.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@djy, can you try the Roku app on your phone as a remote?  Take the batteries out of the remote when you do.  That might show if there's a stuck button on the remote.  You can also try repairing the remote by pressing and holding the pairing button on the back or inside the battery compartment until the light starts flashing.  Connect the power to the stick once the light starts flashing and set the remote down close to the stick.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
djy
Channel Surfer

Everything started working again after disconnecting & reconnecting, even though I had tried that before. 

0 Kudos