Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver555

lost remote and cant get new one.

My little sister lost the remote and my phone used to be connected but we moved and now I can't connect to it and can't afford a new one is there anyway I can get my phone connected back to use something g for it?.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: lost remote and cant get new one.

@Silver555 

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Maybe.

The phone app only works when both the phone and the Roku are connected to the same network. Since your Roku has never connected to that network, it can't be access via phone. Generally, you would use the remote for that.

Part of what I'm about to say next depends on which Roku device you have. If it's a Stick, you would need a Roku Voice remote, which is $20. If it's not a stick, and not a Roku TV, then you could use a cheap universal remote. You can find them under $10 at Family Dollar, Dollar General, Walmart, etc. Just make sure the packaging says it supports Roku.

And, there is another method that may work, but I've never done it. It's listed in this post.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: lost remote and cant get new one.

Look for a second hand remote for less?  

Borrow a remote to reconfig Roku and get phone app working again?

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos