Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sana
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Does the Firestick remote pair with Roku? 

0 Kudos
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I doubt it the firestick is Amazon's version of streaming with their own remote did you read what we're doing temporarily to compensate for remote draining so you we can at least use the remote

we take out the batteries after each use--usually that works next time roku is opened. we always check how much battery life is left also (that is under settings, remote--follow this to see battery life)

if the remote still does not sync,unplug roku power cord for 10 seconds to reboot, take out batteries from remote and put back in--it should work if not press the button under the battery cap until the light blinks green and you see syncing on the tv

hope this helps it does not make up for the defective remote which should be replaced

0 Kudos
Rondilly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

My player is still under the 1 year warranty? I have only had this player less than 1 year.

DawnC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

'IM WITH YOU.  IT LOOKS LIKE THIS BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS.  THIS COMPANY IS THE WORST. I SUGGEST EVERYONE DO THE SAME.  DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO.  THEY ARE SELLING A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT AND DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CONSUMER OR THE COST WE ARE INCURRING FOR EXPENSIVE BATTERIES.

Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mine is 6 months doesn’t seem to matter

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rondilly,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My remote is draining batteries like crazy...I just put new ones in a week ago and now my remote is not working...why is this happening and what is the solution? I have tried plugging the stick into the USB with and without the extender sent to me and nothing helps...very frustrated...

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lisamichele1024,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There is no solution that actually works. Buy a new streaming system. Battery cost will add up quickly! I’m considering the firestick. 

kispot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is probably one of the worst handlings of an issue that is affecting many people. Whether it's a software issue where Roku is constantly connected or hardware where the remote doesn't hold a charge, Roku won't be responsible for it. They will either ask people to contact the TV manufacturer if the remote came with the TV or provide them with the remote serial number. Either way, nothing will be done. I have been a big fan of Roku and have recommended it to many of my friends but this lack of accountability has put a really bad taste in my mouth. At this point, I don't expect this to be resolved. The only resolution is to switch to something else (Amazon Firestick, Apple TV, Chromecast). Roku isn't the only streaming system on the market and they are doing a great job of losing loyal customers.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.