Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mat682
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

serial NUMBER GK38AE841287

0 Kudos
dless
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

serial #: YR008V594884.

Any luck figuring out why the batteries are draining?

0 Kudos
Naomigd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I am surprised this isn't covered regardless of warranty as it seems to be a known defect.  Buying a new remote is about the same price as buying a new Roku or fire stick.  

0 Kudos
Ashleygreenb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Serial:

YN002U676551

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just bought Express 4K  model 3941X and the batteries are draining the remote.

It last only a week!  Can I get another remote.

Blastergv

Jump to solution

I am still experiencing issues where my batteries are draining constantly. Please help!! 

I have updated version 12.3

Dolinkey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm running 3 Roku devices at my home.  Two of the units are currently working fine but the 3rd unit runs through batteries every week or so.  The roku box is powered via a 110v wall power receptacle and we sit no more than 12 feet from the TV.  The controller generally is set to a station for the night and we may change it 2 or 3 times but it continues to run through a lot of batteries.  As I said earlier, my other 2 roku devices hardly ever need a battery change.  Also, I previously "re-pared" my controller to the TV.  Could this be a hardware issue since the other 2 roku devices are fine?

0 Kudos
Keukagal

Re: Remotes work inconsistently and draining batteries

Jump to solution

My new Roku has a bum remote. It is unusable and I have replaced batteries many times. The pairing button doesn’t even work( no pairing light comes on) so I have little recourse. Please replace this remote which I’m guessing is draining batteries now that I’ve seen all the other complaints. Danny , how do I proceed. I don’t think it’s fair that I am responsible for the cost of a replacement remote. 
Keukagal

@danny.Roku

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello - Below model/serial number having issues with battery drain. 

Model 3800X

Serial Number YF00EW985594

0 Kudos
DJO74

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem, model 3180x, SN 2139AF127162

0 Kudos