Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunshinelori
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Premiere+ 3921RW Remote RC128 batteries draining within 1 week

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for your reply.

That makes sense as so many as you said are requesting remote replacements.

And the new Roku Stick is coming out tomorrow also so I imagine Roku wants satisfied customers.

I sent my info to the support team on Friday and will let you know on my end when it arrives.

Enjoy the rest of your day 🙂

0 Kudos
Doomtooth
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

X01600E85M35 is my serial number. Please let me know what can be done. Thank you very much……………………………..

0 Kudos
emfollin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unless they have designed newer remotes since about 6-9 months ago, don’t expect this to fix your problem. They sent me new remotes and they eat batteries just as fast. 

0 Kudos
Nwilkinson1011
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is not a Roku tv… it is just the Roku remote…. We plug the Roku into the back of the tv. It drains now in 1 day and we are spending so much on batteries.

0 Kudos
Clash8402
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem over the last couple months and it seems to be getting worse, with the most recent set of new batteries lasting only 3-4 days. 

Mine is a Roku streaming stick + model 3810RW.

Serial # YH00AV801624

0 Kudos
Griff180
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue 3810                                 

s/n C13974161989                

batteries last 2-4 days

0 Kudos
Jastarne

Jump to solution

I have  the model 3X41X - Roku express 4k+. 

Serial number X016005KD8RE. 

batteries dying about every 2 weeks. My other roku bought over a year ago is still using the original batteries. This one was just bought 3 mo the ago.. what gives?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had a thought because we have four Rokus in the house but only one of them drains batteries and it’s not the newest one either. 

the difference is that this remote comes with the voice controls. At a guess, I would say that the voice control is, at some level, always “on.”

Not that I think Roku is listening to us, but I think there’s something glitchy in the voice command software that makes these remotes especially susceptible to phantom power drain. I’ve replaced the batteries, on average, every one to two weeks (seriously people, invest in rechargeable batteries; you’ll save money over the long run—especially if you keep owning rokus). But only in the remote that has the voice command button. 

I don’t know what remotes other people have but the other ones I saw mentioned in this thread have the audio jack. 

I don’t know if those have audio and voice command but there’s gotta be something happening with some kind of audio issue if it’s only those two. 

all my other remotes whose batteries last for months, like they should, have neither audio jacks or voice command buttons. 

0 Kudos
mjnolden
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem, having to change batteries every week or less.  Please let me know what I can do to fix this.  Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sunshinelori

Thanks for following up.

Upon checking, our Support team sent you an update yesterday. We would recommend continuing to work with them for updates as they would best be able to assist you.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.