Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura19
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

My remote is having the same problem. I have to replace the batteries every 1-2 weeks.

Laura

0 Kudos
Huzzl3r

Jump to solution

Wow, i got the same issue. What the heck is going on?

0 Kudos
Huzzl3r

Jump to solution

At first, I thought it's because I used an old battery, so I replaced with brand new ones, after a couple of days, batteries were drained again!!!

WTH Roku!!! 

giulweb

Jump to solution

I have 7 Roku sticks and the battery life on all of them last no longer than 3 months.  The sticks are between 3 months and 15 months old and they all drain batteries quickly.

I like the applications on Roku especially since they have the Spectrum app on them, but the there must be something that can be done to eliminate this battery depletion issue.   

0 Kudos
DeeZee74
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've been trying for almost a year now. Still working on finding a real person to talk to so I can show them this whole thread. In the meantime as you may know there's an app on your phone that you can use as a remote

Laura19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Someone suggested a system restart under settings - system-system restart.

I gave it a try. I should know in a week if it works or I need to replace my batteries again.

0 Kudos
NC1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was issued a new remote and asked to perform the system reset but it didn’t help. FYI. 

0 Kudos
M3lon268
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes a pain in the arsh 😂

0 Kudos
mensatic

Jump to solution

This is my second Roku system.  The first one just stopped working.  THIS one kept overheating, so I had to get the USB extension.  Now my remote is eating batteries up like candy and costing me a fortune!  I would like a replacement, please.  Firmware version 2.01.19.108  Model RC461

0 Kudos
JBrit
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Could not PM Mary to provide serial number of Roku device draining batteries.  I clicked on her name, as suggested by others, and it brings up her profile.  Didn't see anything on that page to send a PM

0 Kudos