Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Which streaming stick do I have?

Hello @Lhayes

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Have you tried to set up your remote for TV controls? Here's how: 

1. Press the Home button on your Roku voice remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & devices and then select Remote.
  4. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

For more information, you can check our FAQ here: How do I set up my Roku® voice remote to control my TV?

Moreover, you can purchase a new remote here for your Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810X). 

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KaIH
Reel Rookie

Hi, I also have a purple Roku Stick 3500. It used to work with the Roku App but the network changed and I giess Roku Stick 3500 keeps connected to the former wireless connection. I see Roku menu on the tv screen. Please help?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@KaIH wrote:

Hi, I also have a purple Roku Stick 3500. It used to work with the Roku App but the network changed and I giess Roku Stick 3500 keeps connected to the former wireless connection. I see Roku menu on the tv screen. Please help?

The problem is that you have to use a remote to connect to a network.

Now, if you can change the SSID and password of your network to the old SSID/password, then the Roku will connect, if you haven't done a factory or network reset on the Roku device.

If you are not able to do that, you need a remote. And none of the current remotes work with the 3500. Which means upgrading to a newer device.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."