Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chale2
Reel Rookie

What is ROKU doing to resolve rampant remote issues

Roku is my preferred streaming device l, however the rampant remote issued  almost seem intentional to increase residual revenues. Had to replace 3/5 remotes and writhing 6 months all 3 are now not working. What is ROLU doing to resolve. I would advise no o e to pitched Roku streaming devices. Even my Sharp Roku tv now only works with an old Emerson remote. This situation is ridiculous! Does anyone have a good suggestion for other streaming deices other than Amazon Fire? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: What is ROKU doing to resolve rampant remote issues

I’ve never had a Roku remote fail, but if I did, I’d probably consider the dozens (at least) of third-party remotes that can drive Rokus.  (Except for stick models which are Wi-Fi-only.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
micdevil

I just bought my Roku and the right arrow button has already failed.  Roku provides no assistance accept to tell you to buy a new one.  Don't think I should incur that cost after only two weeks.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @micdevil,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention, and welcome to the Roku Community!
We will be more than delighted to assist you further with your Roku remote issue. Please try the troubleshooting steps that we have provided below and see if that will be able to fix the problem.

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
klg

I downloaded the Roku remote to my phone.  There's no audio control, but everything else is there even putting the sound on the phone and quick buttons for the streamers.  I've never had any problems with it and added bonus I never lose it!  Instead of buying another remote, I'd consider putting it on the phone.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.