Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeliP
Channel Surfer

Wet battery compartment??

Has anyone had an issue with the battery compartment being wet when you remove the batteries? I have 4 Roku’s. So far the 2 that needed batteries replaced have had wet battery compartments. The remotes just sit in the sofa or bar when not in use. No liquids are near them. If it were battery acid that is usually crusty when they leak. These are clear like water. I can’t for the life of me figure out why these remotes are wet inside. #remote #wetbatteries 

3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Wet battery compartment??

Hi @MeliP,

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that moisture could have entered the battery compartment of your Roku device. To prevent this from happening in the future, make sure to keep the device in a dry and cool place. You may also want to inspect the batteries for any signs of leakage or corrosion.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna"

0 Kudos
Hoss48

Same here. Original supplied batteries leak less than 3 months after purchase

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hoss48,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologized for the inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate you for letting us know about your remote issue. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device that came with the remote by going to Settings>System>About?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos