Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume keeps increasing on its own

Same here!! So frustrating!  This issue just started within last 3months, I have NO 3rd party apps, No dang remote that came w/Tv(Remotes R TraSH!) since it went CrAzy over a year ago so using mobile app.  I have a personal TV that I alone operate.  I have a streaming stick on Family Tv(LG) that Everyone operates in our household *But it’s controlled by each of us *Only by mobile app=Since Remotes R TraSH!!  No Soundbars, No problem on that main TV, Only my personal TV.  Updated it & it still continues 2 act in exactly same manner.  I’ve Reset TV, unplugged it 4 a day or more many times.  No end in sight, WTF?!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume keeps increasing on its own

Greetings from the Roku Community@1BaffldUser!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution for this. 

Before proceeding, may we first know what specific Roku TV model you are having this issue with? Moreover, kindly try to manually check for software updates by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Software update > Check Now. 

If the issue persists after updating the software, we suggest using an HDMI extender to see if it makes a difference. You can order one for free here: HDMI Extender

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sunny54
Channel Surfer

Re: Volume keeps increasing on its own

Mine has continued doing this off and on . This last time it happened, my remote batteries went dead and after replacing them , it has stopped again. Thank heavens!!!

So maybe try replacing batteries 😊

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.