Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume goes up when lower volume button is pressed

I have the Roku Streaming Stick 4K. Sometimes when I hit the lower volume button, the volume goes up.  Same thing happens in reverse when I hit the increase volume button. I'm definitely not hitting the wrong button. Haven't found anyone else with this issue. 

Have also experienced the volume going all the way up or down when adjusting the volume that others have complained about. 

Roku is on an LG TV.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Volume goes up when lower volume button is pressed

You might want to set up your remote for TV control again.  If you didn't set it up with the CEC option, give that a try assuming the TV supports CEC.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue with the remote that came with my Roku Streaming Stick 4K that I purchased on June 23, 2024.

Sometimes, when I press the volume button that should make it quieter, the volume goes up instead. Not all the time, but enough to be annoying.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @haileynrogers!

We appreciate your first post here. Rest assured that we will help you fix the volume issues you're currently experiencing on your Roku remote. 

Reboot your streaming device.

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on and the Home screen to appear on your TV.
  5. Once you see the Home screen, try to use your remote to control your device.

Replace the batteries in your voice remote

1. Locate a new matching pair of batteries
  2. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  3. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  4. Insert the negative (-) end of the new battery and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  5. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  6. Put the battery cover back on your remote

Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device 

• If your voice remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

For reference, here's the support article dedicated to this: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working

Furthermore, we suggest trying the troubleshooting steps provided by our Streaming Expert in the above post. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.