Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pearljam
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have Roku voice remote pro rechargeable. It has stopped charging and I have completed all your suggestions. It has become quite frustrating now. My mother uses it for her viewing.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Pearljam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

You have mentioned in your earlier posts to send you private message for resolution. How do i do that since there are no envelope options or contact me options visible.

please help

thanks

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pearljam,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your sentiments about this and we would feel the same way. In regards to the issue with your Roku Voice Remote Pro not charging, kindly provide the serial number of the Roku device that is paired with the remote.

Please feel free to post the information in a reply or if you feel more comfortable, you can send the information in a PM. To send a private message, you can simply go to my profile or any Roku moderator and on the right side click "send this user a private message".

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

same issue as the hundreds (potentially thousands) of people posting in the forums here. The remote just suddenly stopped charging one day, and it has had very little use. We have all done the troubleshootong steps, we all know they do nothing, or none of us would be here complaining. There needed to be a mass re-call over a year ago as the battery suddenly completely stopping rather than slowly loosing a charge could be potentially hazardous. It is insane to me that I have not found any recognition of battery issues from the company regarding these models. Also, it's very weird to me that the model numbers don't align from what the TV shows in comparison to the back of the remote. Another sign of poor quality control. My television says my remote (the only remote ever paired) is running firmware: rtn.4198 and is a model RC538. The back of my remote says it's a model RC-MC1. The SKU is 3225000888. Considering you charged a pretty insane amount for a remote that doesn't even last a few years, the least that could be offered is a mass exchange program and public recognition of the issue. 

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue with my roku remote not holding a charge, or charge at all.I plug the remot in, the green light flashes but its been on the charger for 2 days now and hasn't gotten more than 10%. We bought the model 4802x Roku Ultra thinkingit was a premium device. The base is nice and the remoteis cool, but Ikeep havingproblemsgettingit to charge. Serial number X010008T2Y11. Device id S0DA222T2Y11. At this point I just need a remote that works.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @strangegirl505,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku Voice Remote Pro not holding a charge and we apologized if you are experiencing this issue.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device by going to Setting > System > About and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your concerns. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lincoln_fox72,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the remote issue you are experiencing. We apologized for any inconvenience this has caused.

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
swanspeed308
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my Roku voice pro not taking a charge,this technology is decades old I don't understand why Roku dropped the ball furthermore, Roku should recall all these devices and make it right.

swanspeed308
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku should have a recall on Roku voice pro to make things right their product is faulty on a technology that is decades old like battery recharging, really?

Maria1218
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree but they won't they won't even fix the one that I have because I can't produce a receipt I delete my emails when they're too full but I wont make that mistake again they won't get no more of my money I'll use the app on my phone