Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tsurdam
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro can’t find tv but regular Roku voice remote can

Trying to get my voice remote pro to work (volume /power )with my Curtis tv. My regular Roku voice remote would connect at selection 12 of the can you hear the music menu. The voice remote pro get to selection 7 and states cannot connect to Curtis tv but the older remote has no problem. Does anyone know how I can get this pro version to work with the tv? If the older one worked you think the code would be in the newer version.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote pro can’t find tv but regular Roku voice remote can

There was patent problem that was taken care of by software update, outcome not as many tv codes available as before. Curtis is made by other tv manufacturers, so they could still be a brand whose code works on yours, but just isn't listed under Curtis. You are the only one to find out which other brands work your particular model. I suggest getting a cheap UEI, the patent owner, universal remote like the Onn 6 universal remote cheap on ebay. It has code search feature, and a way to blink back the search result. You would take that code and go through tv brands in the manual that share those same codes. The brands you come across, try those brands in the Roku remote. 

Onn 6 universal remote for sale | eBay

Knowing these brands will help in the future when programming a remote for your tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.