Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brothertroy
Channel Surfer

Re: Rechargable Voice Remote won't work unless connected to charger

Jump to solution

Three different cables give the same result after charging for 1-2 hours on one and overnight on two.  

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Brothertroy,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. May we know when and where you purchased your Roku device along with your Roku remote? Is it still under a year of warranty?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brothertroy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This remote is actually a replacement.  Back in April 2023, Roku sent me this remote as a replacement because the remote I had just purchased at Walmart in January 2023 started having buttons that malfunctioned.  The volume would turn the channel, etc.  This remote has worked fine ever since until the other day when it worked fine that morning, I took the kids to school, and when I got home 15 minutes later it didn't work, 

0 Kudos
Tlavoie87
Reel Rookie

Re: Need the power cord plugged in for it to work

Jump to solution

Also having the exact same issue any resolution yet?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tlavoie87,

Thanks for joining us here and we appreciate you for reaching out.

Could you tell us when did you start seeing this behavior happen? Have you tried charging it overnight and see if there are any differences?

Let us know more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blueyes67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes I have charged it. I have been going back and with emails from I guess customer support. Last message I got from them on October 18th they said they were sending me a new one and should arrive in 3 to 5 business days. But have yet to receive anything.  And now I have sent several messages asking what's up am I getting one or not and why would you tell me your sending one and then not. So disappointed and frustrated with the **bleep**ty customer service. now can't get a response. It hasn't worked since the day I got it.  I have tried repairing it. Resetting it. Battery is fully charged but only works if it's plugged in which is bull. And I am seriously about done with Roku. Because I will probably have to have a new remote soon and trying to get one before I HAD to have one. But afraid to even try getting another one if they are just junk and go through the same **bleep** again. 

0 Kudos
mrfunke
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku voice remote pro not working unless plugged in

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my voice remote pro. It's been working without issue for months and fully charged. The only way I can get it to control TV volume any more is plug the remote into the charging cable. Repairing the remote only fixes the problem for a few seconds, then it must be charging in order to control volume. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Blueyes67

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us. We've sent you a private message regarding your concern.

Kindly check your inbox since we've reached you there.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @mrfunke

Greetings from the Roku Community.

We acknowledge and understand the problem you've encountered, and rest assured that we'll provide you with our assistance. We've sent you a private message here in the Roku Community, and we humbly ask you to check your inbox and acknowledge our message.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mrfunke
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi I have replied to you in a private message with the requested information. Thank you, Mark

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.