Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luvart2

Voice remote not working. The pairing led does not come on and Roku does not see remote.

I'm having the same problem this is the second roku device in the last two weeks that has mysteriously stopped working even with new batteries. I've done the unplug test, updated the software, regardless the led light on the voice remote does not light up when I try to pair the devices.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote not working. The pairing led does not come on and Roku does not see remote.

Hi @luvart2,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing trouble pairing your Roku Voice Remote Pro. We apologize for any trouble this has caused, and we would like to take a few steps to ensure that we are giving the best service possible.

Just to confirm, have you tried attempting to re-pair the Roku Voice Remote Pro to your Roku device using the below steps:

1. On your Roku Home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  2. After your TV restarts and returns to the Home Screen, navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Setup a new device.
  3. Click "Remote" followed by "Continue."
  4. Locate the pairing button on the bottom of the back of the remote.
  5. Press and hold the pairing button for at least 20 seconds.
  6. The remote should now re-pair to your device, and you will need to click Continue, Accept, and Continue to finish the process.

For additional help solving an issue with your Roku Voice Remote Pro or one of its features, refer to the detailed articles below: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.