Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpdotson
Reel Rookie

Voice remote not working. The pairing led does not come on and Roku does not see remote.

My voice pro remote pairing light will not come on when I try to pair the remote.  I tried all the steps in the pairing remote guides. I downloaded the Roku Mobile App and went into setup on the Roku but Roku doesn't see the remote. It is a battery powered remote and I put new batteries in it. I just bought this on eBay and it was supposed to work. The Roku works when I paired it to my other Roku Voice remote. The Roku is a Model 4800X and the remote is a Model RC-EL3. The person I bought it from said it was only used about 3 months. Is there anything way to do a factory reset on the remote? 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote not working. The pairing led does not come on and Roku does not see remote.

Hi @mpdotson,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having difficulties pairing your Roku Voice Remote Pro.

We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

We would like to ask you to attempt to pair the Roku Voice Remote Pro to your Roku device using the below steps:

1. On your Roku Home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart
  2. After your TV restarts and returns to the Home Screen, navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Setup a new device
  3. Click "Remote" followed by "Continue"
  4. Locate the pairing button on the bottom of the back of the remote
  5. Press and hold the pairing button for at least 20 seconds
  6. The remote should now re-pair to your device and you will need to click Continue, Accept, and Continue to finish the process

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to set up your Roku voice remote | Official Roku Support

If your remote still does not pair or you have any questions, please keep us posted so we can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

mpdotson
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote not working. The pairing led does not come on and Roku does not see remote.

I tried this. The problem is that the remote does not go into pairing mode. Nothing lights up on the remote. Is there a button combination that will reset the remote?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mpdotson,

Thanks for following up regarding your remote issue.

Please provide us with the serial number of the Roku device that you are trying to pair the remote with.

Once we have this information, I'll have our Support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
mpdotson
Reel Rookie

Roku SN: S02A209JJE5W Model 4800X

Remote Model # RC-EL3  SKU 32260008582

0 Kudos
Catfam501

I'm having the same problem no device found indicator light does not come on after holding for 5 and 20 seconds

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mpdotson,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing additional information about your remote issue.

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Catfam501,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're so sorry to hear of the issue with Roku remote not pairing and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

We would like to ask you to attempt to take a look at our Support resources and follow the steps to help get your remote connected: How to set up your Roku voice remote | Official Roku Support

You may also refer to this link for additional troubleshooting steps for the remote issues: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos