Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cas4
Reel Rookie

Voice remote disconnected from tv

Jump to solution

I have a insignia television and my voice remote was connected so I could control volume and turn it on and off and then it all of a sudden disconnected itself and I have tried to unplug my Roku from the TV move HDMI‘s unplugged both restart the Roku and repair the remote and it will not Pair To my tv.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote disconnected from tv

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Cas4!

Thank you for reporting the issues you've encountered with your Roku voice remote paired to your Roku Ultra. I'd be happy to help you fix this so you can utilize the remote again.

Firstly, is this the remote that comes with your Roku Ultra? If so, when did it start disconnecting from your TV? Also, did you make any recent changes to your network connection?

In the meantime, I highly recommend resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and set up the CEC to control the volume and power of your Insignia TV.

Keep me posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Cas4!

Thank you for reporting the issues you've encountered with your Roku voice remote paired to your Roku Ultra. I'd be happy to help you fix this so you can utilize the remote again.

Firstly, is this the remote that comes with your Roku Ultra? If so, when did it start disconnecting from your TV? Also, did you make any recent changes to your network connection?

In the meantime, I highly recommend resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and set up the CEC to control the volume and power of your Insignia TV.

Keep me posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Cas4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, this is the remote that came with my Roku. It disconnected about two days ago. I reset the remote and it is still not connecting. I have a old television could that be the problem

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.