Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boul
Reel Rookie

Voice button not working on remote

Jump to solution

Hello, there seems to be an issue with my roku remote.

The device is brand new and i set it up today. It's the roky 4k streaming stick + remote.

It came with the voice remote. My issue is with the voice option on the voice remote. When i press on the voice button, the screen exits and goes to the "Streaming Channels" option in the home page.

Nothing else happens after that.

I contacted support but they kept repeating the same useless info for 2 hours. The remotd is working fine with all the other buttons. It's only the voice command button that is not working. A single press or a long press result in the same thing : whatever app i'm on closes and i' taken to the "Streaming channels" option. Help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: URGENT : Voice button not working on remote

Jump to solution

Hello @Boul,

Thanks for keeping us posted about the issue you're facing with the voice feature on your Roku remote.

Before we proceed, I wanted to mention that if your device was set up outside the US, some channels or features may not function as expected.

Furthermore, the Roku voice control feature should ideally work regardless of location. It's possible that the channel you're using for voice search may not be available in your current location, leading to the error or redirection to the "Streaming Channels" option on the home page.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If it's brand new, return it.  I assume they told you to try a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power.  You can also try resetting the remote by holding Home and Back (the two buttons next to each other at the top) simultaneously for 20 seconds and then pair it again, but it sounds like a bad remote to me.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Boul
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

hi there! thank you very much for the response! they told me to try that indeed. i basically tried everything multiple times and still nothing has changed. i asked them if it's possible that it's a geographical restriction since i am set it up outside the us/canada but they told me that it doesn't matter: if i have a voice remote he voice control should work. do you know anything about that? but yeah as you said it just looks like a bad remote... thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Boul,

Thanks for keeping us posted about the issue you're facing with the voice feature on your Roku remote.

Before we proceed, I wanted to mention that if your device was set up outside the US, some channels or features may not function as expected.

Furthermore, the Roku voice control feature should ideally work regardless of location. It's possible that the channel you're using for voice search may not be available in your current location, leading to the error or redirection to the "Streaming Channels" option on the home page.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.