Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonya4
Reel Rookie

Voice Remote not connecting

I am attempting to connect my voice remote to the roku streaming stick and it is not pairing. The light will not even blink. I've removing the batteries. Put in new batteries. Removed and reconnected the streaming device. Tried pairing a different roku remote and the same issue with that remote. Neither will give the indicator light when I click the reset button. Therefore, I cannot move thru the screen on my tv to get to settings. 

This seems to be a common issue for roku with all the post and the fact that I already needed to replace my device previously. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice Remote not connecting

Hi @Sonya4,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. May we know when and where you purchased your Roku remote? Did you drop your Roku remote, by any chance? What happened or what did you do before this issue occurred?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sonya4
Reel Rookie

Hello, 

I cannot remember exactly when I purchased it. This is a replacement because my other stick just stopped working. I know that I purchased it at Best Buy. I have not dropped. I moved it from a tv in my house and brought it over to my mother's house and it will not work. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Sonya4 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We recommend visiting this support article on How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working. This article includes detailed troubleshooting steps and information on how to fix your remote.

If the issue persists after following the guides in the link, please keep us posted, and we'll be assisting further.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos