Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thethomai

Re: remote drains batteries way to fast

Hi Carly,

I am new to this chat but my remote is going through batteries at a remarkable speed. New store-bought batteries only last a week, rechargeable batteries, 1 to 2 days. Our Roku is brand new this year. We are considering returning it because the remote never works when we want it. We only watch about an hour of TV a day, but use it for Pandora/music, but again it’s one press and play, not lots of use. We do not use the voice or listen part. Can I get some help? 

Thanks,

Stephen

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Thethomai!

We appreciate you for reporting the Roku remote issues you are currently experiencing to us. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution so you can utilize your remote at your convenience. 

Kindly keep an eye on your inbox as we will be sending you a Private Message to collect further personal information such as the email address associated with your Roku account, the serial number of your Roku player, and more.

Once again, your patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thejimmer
Channel Surfer

from every answer I seen all I see is a scripted answer that comes back 2 the people that have the same issue over and over-    that is ruko scripted answer t this prbem they have  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We acknowledge your input, @thejimmer.

It's important to note that the questions we ask may vary depending on the type of Roku player or remote being used by the user. To ensure that we provide the most accurate assistance, we may need to gather specific information regarding the user's device. 

In some cases, we request users to meet us through Private Messages as we may ask for personal information such as their email addresses. 

Furthermore, please don't hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything, as we would be happy to assist you anytime. 

We hope this clears everything out.

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joss1
Binge Watcher

When I got my first roku set top YEARS ago, I had the battery problem [ along with a lot of other users].

Jump to today. Since then I bought three ultras all different models and SHOCKER they all use batts at, as one poster noted, an alarming rate.What I noticed, the batts went down in power even though the remotes weren't being used. Lots of people complained.

Why do I stay? I learned a simple work-around because I love my rokus.

I bought good learning remotes that don't need a batt change but once a year unless it's heavily used which gets changed with "fresh" at about 9 months. No voice control or headphones, but no aggravations either.

I gave up on the "voice" thingie when Roku stopped using a "voice" to respond, and now only uses on screen text.I had fun with it while it lasted, and even posted on THIS site "what happened" to the audible voice? I NEVER got an answer. Anybody know why the voice disappeared?

0 Kudos
Stubbins
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem as everyone else here. I did not notice it at first (I've been using my Roku for only a month or so) but have just begun to notice how quickly the device drains batteries. This is apparently a known issue, which Roku does not address, which does not inspire confidence in Roku, the company. This has been my first Roku (to replace an Apple TV) and it will likely be my last. 

0 Kudos
jfish73
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue with Roku Remote model RC-AL2.  Batteries won't last 1 week.

0 Kudos
thejimmer
Channel Surfer

from all the complaints on the issues of the batteries drainage from these controllers / Roku --customers need to start returning them back to Roku-  otherwise Roku is just going to give lip service -- I know I worked for a company like Roku and all they had was scripted lines to tell the customers which was Fluff lines as we called this -- it means nothing --    

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @joss1.

We appreciate you bringing to our attention the concern you have with the voice feature on your Roku remote. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

In this case, could you please let us know which specific remote you are referring to? This support article will help you Identify your remote. Furthermore, could you provide more information about the voice-to-respond feature on your Roku remote? We'd like to know more about this.

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Stubbins @jfish73!

We appreciate you letting us know about the draining issues you've observed on your Roku remotes and would like to work with you to find a satisfactory solution.

To ensure a prompt and accurate resolution of your concern, please provide us with the necessary details below. 

• Specific Roku device your remote was connected to.
  • Is this the remote that comes with your Roku device, or was this purchased separately? 

We'll be looking forward to your response so we can continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos