Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CGC
Reel Rookie

Voice Remote Pro v.2.- Charging

Received my new remote yesterday.  It has been changing for over 20 hrs.  White light blinking still.  Occasionally, the light goes out but I can watch it a while and it starts blinking white again.  All this time and still no green light. 

Not a great start.  Haven't even paired or used it yet.  What is happening?  Is it defective right out of the box or is this normal?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice Remote Pro v.2.- Charging

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @CGC!

We appreciate your interest in using your Roku Voice Remote, 2nd edition. Rest assured, we are here to assist you with any questions or support you may need.

To begin, please review the following tips about charging your voice remote.

• Your Roku device displays an on-screen message when the rechargeable lithium-ion battery in your remote is getting low on power
  • Your voice remote can be used while charging
  • The status light flashes slowly when charging and turns solid when complete

After charging the remote completely, pair it with your Roku device or TV. Then, follow these steps to restart your streaming device.

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV
  5. On your remote, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.

If you have the Roku mobile app installed, or another Roku remote that works with your streaming device, use the following steps to put your device into pairing mode from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your working remote or from the Roku mobile app
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Add devices
  5. Select Remote
  6. Select Continue
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your voice remote 

Note: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition): From empty, a full charge takes 5.5 hours and typically lasts 3 months.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CGC
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice Remote Pro v.2.- Charging

Thanks Jharra. 

I finally gave up charging the new remote.  I removed the batteries from the remote that was paired and paired the new remote without incident.  

Once in Roku settings, I checked the battery strength.  It was 95%, this after charging for over 24 hours.  I never observed anything but the white LED quickly flashing.  So, I have just been using the remote, and it is working fine. I just worry about the charging situation.  I would feel better if it charged properly and I saw that lovely green LED. 

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.