Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Remote Pro RCS01R does not hold charge

Hello, I have a voice remote that I ordered 6/1/2021. Remote is now showing 10% charge after a full charge cycle. I tried changing the cables, make no difference. There is some defect with the unit , possibly the battery.

Is there any way to fix this ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice Remote Pro RCS01R does not hold charge

Supposedly, pressing and holding the Home and Back buttons (the two buttons below the power button) for 10 seconds resets the remote.  I'd be surprised if it helps, but it's worth a try.  You may have to pair the remote again.

It could be the battery.  They're available on ebay, but I have no experience with any of them.  Here's one listing that looks like the right battery:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/116014535748

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Voice Remote Pro RCS01R does not hold charge

Hey there! I had a similar problem with my RCS01R a while back. Turns out, the charging port itself can get a little dusty. Try cleaning it out gently with a compressed air can and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.