Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brothertroy
Channel Surfer

Voice Remote Pro Buttons Pushing Random Things

Recently we purchased a voice remote pro to replace the remote for our Roku that had been flushed by our toddler. We paired it and it worked great for about 3 weeks and then suddenly without warning the remote showed you be dead.  We charged it overnight, and the next morning it was working, but I have discovered some of the buttons now seem to be mapped incorrectly.  Fast forward causes the program to rewind.  The mute button starts Paramount Plus. Those are the only two I know for sure, but it's crazy.  Anybody ever experience this? How do I fix it?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice Remote Pro Buttons Pushing Random Things

Hi @Brothertroy,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku Voice Remote Pro. We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into and we would like to know how to identify and resolve any remote issues.

As a first step, we recommend taking a look at our Support page to troubleshoot remote issues: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brothertroy
Channel Surfer

I went through every step and now the remote is actually acting worse.  My Roku serial number is X010003PSXR1

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Brothertroy,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.