Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fatz2fly

Voice Commands don't work with FuboTV

Jump to solution

I cut the cable and subscribed to FUBOTV. I like the streaming service but can't navigate within it using voice commands. If I am watching a show and attempt to go to a different channel, voice command takes me out of FUBOTV and looks for the app for that channel, not for the channel that is already part of FUBOTV. This is a real pain, especially when there is no 'Last' button on Roku.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice Commands don't work with FuboTV

Jump to solution

Hey @Fatz2fly @e1foley

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: Fubo TV Help Center

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
e1foley

Jump to solution

Same. It seems really counterintuitive and annoying

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Fatz2fly @e1foley

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: Fubo TV Help Center

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
OldGuy1944
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same experience while using Spectrum app.  Using voice command, to attempt to change channel, by either name ("TV Land") or by channel number ("27"), gives results in Roku home space, not in the Spectrum app.   I would say the Roku is not passing the command to the Spectrum app, so this is a behavior of the Roku OS, not behavior of the Spectrum app. 

That being said, I don't know if the Spectrum app is capable of being commanded.  It implements a user interface of:  right-click to the guide, right- or left-click to look later or earlier in guide, up- or down-click to change selected channel in guide, and OK to start the selected channel. 

I'd like to see Roku deliver the command to Spectrum App, and the Spectrum app search the channel guide for the commanded channel name or number, or for words in the program title.  (Not holding my breath.)

0 Kudos
SamoaJ

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the voice commands on FuboTV. It can be frustrating when technology doesn't work the way we want it to. I've heard of similar issues with voice commands on other streaming services as well. Unfortunately, it seems like the technology isn't quite there yet. Hopefully, with time, FuboTV will improve their voice command functionality. I did a quick search and found a guide on onlinetvcast.com about how to watch FuboTV in Mexico. I hope you find a solution for your voice command issues soon and can enjoy FuboTV to the fullest.

0 Kudos