Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visually impaired support with remotes that have larger buttons?

My mother is 82 and her vision is impaired.  Current remotes have buttons too small.  She needs a remote with larger defined buttons and the microphone feature. 

3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Visually impaired support with remotes that have larger buttons?

Hi @Kimberlyaquinn

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and bringing this to our attention! Who knows, you may see your suggestion implemented in a future update. We currently don't have any info to share about this, but you can check out our blog at http://blog.roku.com for the latest news and upcoming updates.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
carousel89

Does Roku's response mean, "No," Roku does not offer a remote for the visually impaired, or older or other folks who have disabilities for whom a larger remote would work.  Seems there is a large market for this, given the aging population. It would be great if Roku produced such a remote to go with their products.  Thank you.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Right, Roku does not have remotes for visually impaired people, all Roku remotes have the same size keys no matter what model of Roku remote you have, sorry. Any remote will bigger keys is an aftermarket  universal remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos