Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liltiff3r

Using a universal remote

Jump to solution

I lost my original roku remote but i have ge universal remote. I successfully programmed it to my onn roku tv however i cant do anything accept power it on and off and adjust the volume. I need to navigate to the settings somehow so i can connect to my network. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Using a universal remote

Jump to solution

@Liltiff3r

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku tv's use a very old code set that is in most any universal remote, but thats the roku tv volume and power, the other roku commands are only in universal remotes that have codes geared for roku tv's. I like the One-For-All urc-7935 or urc-7880, you can find them cheap on ebay. And they have roku tv codes in them. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Liltiff3r

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku tv's use a very old code set that is in most any universal remote, but thats the roku tv volume and power, the other roku commands are only in universal remotes that have codes geared for roku tv's. I like the One-For-All urc-7935 or urc-7880, you can find them cheap on ebay. And they have roku tv codes in them. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos