Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charm222
Reel Rookie

Universal remote as an alternative to Roku remote

Sorry...I'm new to the community and couldn't figure out how to reply to the topic above. 

The person who wrote the post said they've had repeated problems with the Roku remotes.  Everyone replying to them said they'd never had any problems, with one person saying if you don't abuse them, they're fine.

Well...not to be rude, but I'm not abusive with my remote, and I've gone through so many remotes now. I don't know what's going on, but they just freeze up and won't do anything. It's very frustrating.

If anyone knows of a better remote for Roku or a universal one that will work it, please, please let me know.  The one I keep re-purchaing is this one - Roku Voice Remote (Official) for Roku Players, Roku Auio, and Roku TV.

Thank you so much!

Charlotte

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Universal remote as an alternative to Roku remote

If you have a stick that plugs into your TV without the need for an HDMI cable, you're stuck with Roku voice remotes.  If you have anything else, there are many universal remotes that support Roku devices.  I hate to say it, but I have well over a dozen Roku remotes with a couple going back to the original N1000 from 2008 and they all still work.  Granted, I have so many that any one doesn't get all that much use, but none have ever given me a problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Charm222
Reel Rookie

Re: Universal remote as an alternative to Roku remote

Thank you for your kind response; it's much appreciated!  I have no idea, but we have had horrible luck with them. I just had to purchase another new one today. The older remote, which was only a couple of months old, just started freezing up. We'd replace the batteries, and it would help a bit then it would just do it all over again within a couple of days.  Thank you again, though!

Have a blessed day! 🙂

Charlotte

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.